Zesty Marinated Flattie
Zesty Marinade Flattie
- XL Whole Chicken
- 140ml Lemon Zest & juice
- 22 g Lemon zest
- 25 g Garlic, crushed
- 40 g Robertsons Chicken Spice
- 40 ml sea salt
- 30 ml Ginger, Grated
- 30 ml Honey
- 11 g Robertsons Parsley
Layered Biltong, Mushroom & Cheese Pap Tart
- 250ml Boiling Water
- 2 ml Knorr Aromat Original
- 85ml Maize Meal
- 85 g Sweet-corn, frozen
- 5 ml Olive oil
- 25 g Red Onions,
- 85 g Mushroom (roughly chopped)
- 5 ml Basil leaves (fresh)
- 25g Sliced Biltong
- 2 g Garlic, crushed
- 35 g Mozarella (grated)
- 10 g Gruyere Cheese,
- 5 g Butter
- 85 ml Fresh Cream
Golden Braai Meilies
- 45 ml Coriander, fresh, chopped for garnish
- 5 ml Robertsons Paprika
- 1.5kg Whole Mealiers
- 125 g Butter
- 80 g Butternut
- 80 g Baby Marrow
- 53 g Pepper, green
- 70 g Cherry tomatoes (rinsed and halved)
- 95 g Patty Pans
- 20 ml Robertsons Veggie Seasoning
- 10 g Butter
- 38g Mealie Meal
- 2 g Robertsons Savoury Rice
- 1ml Crushed Chilli
- 79 ml Water
- 18 ml Milk
- 3 ml Oil
- 13 g Onions
- 1 Egg yolk
- 52 g Self raising flour
- 21 g Cheese, Cheddar
- 46 g Onions
- 6 g Knorr Professional Peri-Peri Marinade
- 135g Spinach (Chopped & Blanched)
- 20 g Butter
- 16 ml Fresh Cream
1. Zesty Marinated Spatchcock Chicken
- Combine all the ingredients, place into a blender and blitz for a couple of rounds.
- Remove the Backbone and Flatten to shape into a spatchcock.
- Score the skin and place in the marinade for 30 minutes.
- Place marinated spatchcock into a sandwich grid and Braai over Moderate coals.
- Turn often to prevent chicken from burning, basting with left over Marinade.
2. Layered Biltong, Mushroom & Cheese Pap Tart
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Place the water and Knorr Aromat stir in the butter and then whisk in the pap. Turn the heat down, cover with a lid and cook it over very low heat for 15 minutes. Whisk twice during cooking to get rid of any lumps.
- Stir in the corn and cook for a further 5 minutes
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Gently sauté the onion until translucent.
- Turn up the heat and add in the mushrooms. Fry for 3-4 minutes and then add the Garlic and fry for another minute.
- Stir in the basil and season with Robertson’s Veggie seasoning.
- To assemble the tart: place half of the pap at the bottom of a 15cm × 20cm oven proof dish. Add the mushroom filling on top. Add a layer of biltong and then the mozzarella cheese.
- Pour over half the cream and then the rest of the pap. Neaten the edges so that all of the filling is covered. Pour over the rest of the cream and then scatter the grated Gruyere on top.
- Bake for 15 minutes until the cheese is melted.
3. Golden Braai Meilies
- Mix butter, coriander and Robertson’s Paprika together. Return to the fridge to chill.
- Pull the skins of the mealies back. Rub the 4 mealies with the extra butter and then braai over medium to hot coals turning Frequently until cooked.
- Cut the braaied mealies in half.
4. Vegetable Kebabs
- Combine all the cut vegetables then pour over the olive oil and sprinkle some Robertson’s Veggie Seasoning.
- Thread vegetables on skewers.
- Grill on heated Braai and keep turning until cooked.
5. Braai pap
- In a pot, cook Mealie meal, Robertson’s Savory Rice, Crushed Chilies and water, stirring until mixture becomes still and begins to form a ball.
- Remove from heat and add milk, oil and onion and mix well. Allow to cool slightly before stirring the eggs into the mixture.
- Add the flour and cheese and mix to form a fairly stiff mixture.
- Pour oil for frying into a deep or Deep fat Fryer and drop spoonful’s of batter and fry until golden brown on all sides.
6. Spicy Spinach
- Heat butter, add onions and sauté until soft.
- Add garlic, Knorr Peri peri Dry Marinade and cook for 1 Minute.
- Add Knorr Tomato pronto and simmer for 5 Minutes.
- Add blanched spinach to tomato sauce and cook for another minute.
- For a creamer taste: Add cream to the peri peri Spinach and bring to boil.