Ina Paarmans – Chocolate Brownies
INGREDIENTS YOU WILL NEED
EGGS: 3 extra large or jumbo eggs
OIL: ¾ cup (180 ml) Canola or Sunflower oil
MILK: 1 cup (250 ml) hot full cream milk
PANS & EQUIPMENT YOU WILL NEED
- 2 x 20 cm or 2 x 22 cm cake pans or 1 x 12 cup muffin pan for cupcakes 7 cm x 3 cm deep or 27 cm x 10 cm x 9 cm loaf pan
- Electric beater
Layer Cakes: Bake for 25 – 30 min at 180°C
Cupcakes: Bake for 15 – 18 min at 190°C
Loaf Cake: Bake for 50 – 55 min at 180°C
Kosher households can replace the 1 cup (250 ml) milk with 1 cup (250 ml) coconut milk.
VANILLA CAKE ILLUSTRATED ON FRONT OF BOX
- Adjust oven rack to the middle position. Preheat oven to 180°C. Butter pan/s generously and line bases with baking paper or spray with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Beat eggs and oil together for 30 seconds on high speed until well blended.
- Add hot milk and beat briefly on high speed.
- Add the contents of the pack and gently mix in by hand with a spatula. Mix only until combined. It is important not to overmix. The mixture will be fairly soft and runny.
- Scrape mixture into prepared pan/s.
- Place in oven. See baking times in left panel. Cake is done when a thin-bladed knife inserted in the centre comes out clean or cake pulls away slightly from the sides of the pan.
- Cool cake in the pan for 10 minutes. Turn out on a cooling rack. Do not ice until cakes are completely cool.
Line the base of a baking pan or oven roasting pan 32 cm x 24 cm with baking paper and bake for 35 minutes.
Line a muffin pan with paper cups and fill 2/3 full with cake batter.
ORANGE & POPPY SEED LOAF
Replace half of the milk with orange juice and add 1 T (15 ml) of grated orange rind and 2 T (30 ml) of poppy seeds. Bake in a loaf pan.
Not recommended unless baked in a convection microwave – in which case follow normal oven baking instructions.
9 in stock