Chocolate Braaibroodjie (Makes 8)
16 slices of white bread
Soft butter to spread on the bread
1 jar Nutella or Bar One chocolate spread
2 x 100g slabs of hazelnut chocolate, chopped finely
1 cup cashew nuts, chopped finely (can substitute it with walnuts or pecan nuts)
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Butter the outsides of all your bread slices. Turn the bread around and spread Nutella/Chocolate spread over the inside of 8 slices of bread.
- Cover the Nutella slices generously with chopped chocolate and cashew nuts.
- Cover the bread with the other slice of bread and braai in a hinged grid over medium heat. Turn often to make sure the chocolate melts evenly, and the outside of the bread is nice and toasted.
- Just before they are done, mix the sugar and cinnamon together and sprinkle the sugar over the toasted bread. Toast on the fire again on both sides for 1 – 2 minutes.
- Serve the chocolate braaibroodjies with ice cream, or dollop of mascarpone